As well as participating in a rich and diverse cultural activities programme, students also attend a wide range of talks and events throughout the year. These activities vary according to the time of year, and give students an understanding of the society and culture in Oxford and the UK.
Some examples of events and talks are as follows:
- A visit to the Oxford Castle to see an outdoor performance of ‘A Midsummer Night’s Dream’ by Shakespeare
- Oxford Open Doors visit at the Oxford Town Hall
- Alice’s Day – events taking place around Oxford to commemorate Lewis Carroll’s best loved character, Alice in Wonderland
- Christmas light festival and visit to the Oxford Christmas market
- Talks and discussions open to the public taking place at the many Oxford University colleges
- Guest speaker talks in school