The Octorial Programme is an intensive course which includes 27.5 hours of classes per week and is suited to those wishing to improve their English for academic and professional purposes. This carefully structured programme combines lessons, workshops, plenaries and personal study sessions to deliver accuracy in core language skills together with confidence and fluency.
Our small class sizes (maximum of 8 students per class) enable a close collaboration between the students and their tutors, ensuring a focus on individual needs and requirements. Students gain confidence and improve their English abilities in a dynamic, fast-paced atmosphere and use authentic and engaging material throughout each session of the day.
The Octorial Programme starts every Monday of the year.
Octorial Programme outcomes
Here are just some of the skills you will achieve throughout the Octorial programme:
- How to communicate effectively whilst connecting with your audience
- Sound understanding of core grammar and sentence structure
- Ability to understand a wide range of authentic materials, such as literary texts or newspaper articles
- Work efficiently as part of an international team
- Command of written material in a variety of registers (letters, emails, reports)
- Successfully plan and organise project from start to finish
15 hours of language skills lessons
12.5 hours of communication skills sessions